Monday, December 9, 2013

Ending another Amazing Year- A little Heart to Heart

Of Sunsets and Breeze

As 2013 comes to an end I can't help but feel a little emotional as I reflect on the past year. So here I am  (unusually) sharing a little tiny piece of myself with you.

I call it an amazing year not because there were more ups than downs but because I've finally learnt to take the ups with the downs and the downs with the ups; that life is about not just the good times but the bad; that it's more about getting back up after being push down and not about the number of times you get pushed down; that it's not about forgetting and escaping your past but learning to accept and live with it; that it's about evolving and learning more about myself. 

My post on Thanksgiving 2013
I've found that everytime I think I've discovered everything all  the doors around me fling open and new people and challenges come flying my way (sometimes in the form of a frisbee right in my face) and my life becomes filled with all sorts of new things which has been keeping me busy and away from updating the blog. So somewhere in between expanding Simply Sweet, cross fitting, joining Ultimate Frisbee and working I manage to sit down right now to write this post. 

One new thing I'm pretty excited to share with you is my first paper published article thanks to Breeze Magazine (Borneo's Premier Lifestyle Magazine)! Oyster Bar was my first published piece and as a non-professional writer I found it a little challenging because I couldn't add my usual 'yummy's 'say what?'s and my habit of making up words like "macaron-gasm


So if you see this magazine floating around (usually at Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Core Fitness)  do pick it up and have a squizz (psst! My article is at the back of the magazine!)

December 2013 Cover
Image by Breeze Magazine
I probably won't get a chance to update the blog before the year ends so I shall leave you with one of my favourite quotes from Eat, Pray, Love (never read the book, not a big fan of the movie but I took away only one thing):

"If you clear out all that space in your mind...you'll have a vacuum there, an open spot - a doorway. And guess what the universe will do with the doorway? It will rush in - God will rush in - and fill you with more love than you ever dreamed."

Something I decided to live by in 2013 and will continue to do so in 2014.

Happy New Year, my dear readers!
Thank you for your ongoing support and cheers to an amazing 2013 and an even more amazing 2014.

Love d xox





1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Breeze Magazine gig Daph! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete