Monday, February 6, 2012

Chinese New Year 2012

I'M COMIN' HOME, I'M COMIN' HOME...TELL THE WORLD I'M COMING HOME....

As Chinese New Year celebrations draw to an end I thought I'd share with you photos of my Chinese New Year celebrations in my hometown of Sandakan. I haven't had a Chinese New Year there for about 5 years. And I was so excited to go back this time round. OH, Chinese New Year, how do i love thee...Let me show you the ways:

1. Mythical Animals: Chinese Lions, Unicorns and Dragons, oh my!





2. Then there's the food...






3. The Fireworks....




4. The Fancy Footwear....

5. And the mythical creature dances again...I know I'm an adult now but the sound of drums and cymbals during Chinese New Year still gets me all giddy and excited :)



Happy New Lunar Year to my Chinese peeps! Here's to an amazing Dragon Year :)

Daphne xoxo



2 comments: